September 9, 2015 : Sally Dyson
A sneak-peak at One DigitalSCVO's Team Digital have an exciting announcement to make!
Over the last wee while we’ve been beavering away in the background putting all the information and fantastic work we’ve seen to use. With colleagues from Digital Unite, Citizens Online, Age UK, Affinity Sutton and Ability Net we’ve been developing a partnership bid to the Big Lottery Fund – One Digital. We’re really proud that today BLF have announced that they will be investing over £2m and this includes more than £500,000 to SCVO.
We’re not yet in the position to give all the details, we have a few months of start–up phase to iron all this out. What we can tell you is:-
We’re going to
- pool expertise from our partners using all our knowledge to develop and support a network of Digital Champions
- support third sector organisations all across Scotland
- focus on Basic Digital Skills for both organisations and individuals
- help organisations to further embed passing on Basic Digital Skills into their everyday work
- support the growing Basic Digital Skills infrastructure across Scotland
- build on what we’ve learned already
As you’d expect the team here is really excited and keen to make as big a difference as we can. We will be working as openly as possible and blogging and tweeting frequently to keep people up to date with our progress.
Expect a formal launch of activity in the new calendar year and keep an eye on your inbox, we might just be in touch.