July 5, 2016 : Sandra Hogg
Funding Scotland now better and fasterPopular funding search boosted by improvements
SCVO’s popular funding search engine Funding Scotland is now faster and returns better search results, following an upgrade which went live today.
Funding Scotland launched in November 2014 as a free place to look online for funding, grants and loans to help charities, community groups and social enterprises find support for their projects. We’ve had a great first 18 months, and recently reached our 10,000th user registration milestone.
We want to keep improving and, having listened to user feedback, we’ve made searching faster, more effective and user-friendly.
Apart from looking cleaner and more professional, there’s lots of new features to enjoy:
- The most recently updated funds appear on the search page
- Using keywords and search terms is much more effective. This means you can just enter a term like “grants for music for young people” to find what you’re looking for
- Advanced filters are still there if you need them to refine your search, but now they’re organised a bit better
- Fund information is presented in a nicer way with more information than before
- There are FAQs to help you use the search and find further information on funding
And, most importantly, the annoying quirks of the old search have gone!
The upgrade has also allowed us to develop new products with extra features that we’ll be announcing soon.
For existing users, although things will look a bit different, accessing the site should be the same as before, using the same login information.
We hope you’ll go and take a look at the new Funding Scotland soon, there’s a lot to like.