January 6, 2015 : Sally Dyson
New Year ResolutionsTeam Digital share their resolutions for 2015.
Happy New Year!
We hope you’re rested, revived and refreshed and like us raring to go and tackle whatever 2015 throws at us. Our last year ended on a huge high, making the first Challenge awards – don’t forget that Round 2 opens next week.
We’ve got other great challenges ahead including:
- Watching and learning from the supported activity which we’ll be sharing with everyone
- Growing the Charter signatories and linking them up with great activities
- Continuing to get out and about via the DigiScotFest events
- Growing the Let’s Get On Near You directory and linking the organisations together who are helping people to get online
All business as usual for us but incredibly exciting.
In addition we’ve all decided to each share one of our New Year’s Resolutions with you – something personal we want to achieve in 2015. Nothing here about exercising more or unrealistic goals that will fail at the first hurdle. Just some positive activities to keep us on our toes.
We’ll keep you up to date with how we get on!
- Lynne’s going to gain some up-to-date coding skills
- Chris will canvass demand for an SCVO code club and if people want one will set one up!
- Aly is going to work his way through the codeacadamy online workshops
- Kev is going to keep himself as up-to-date as possible on all the latest digital developments. Additionally he is going to be taught the latest web development techniques by a professional web developer and will pass the knowledge on to anyone who is willing to hear it!
- Mary is giving up alcohol for January as part of Dryathlon to raise money for Cancer Research and use this to promote JustGiving via Facebook
- Rebecca will learn how to use the Raspberry Pi she got for Christmas and commit to blogging about her progress
- Bev is to continue the work she is doing with her local Community Planning Action Group to investigate the possibility of a Community Broadband solution;
- and I’m going to use my SCVO volunteer time to help people get online
We’d love you to make a pledge or a resolution this year to help people get online – check whether we can help you.