December 9, 2014 : Sally Dyson
Reviewing our Christmas ListSally reviews what has been a fantastic year for Team Digital and considers our resolutions for 2015.
It’s nearly the end of the year so I thought I’d take a little bit of time to review what the team has achieved in the past twelve months so that we can come back refreshed and ready with our resolutions in January. Hopefully we’ll also influence your resolutions too.
This time last year there was a team of two, now we’ve grown to a fantastic nine strong. To match that expansion everything (well almost everything) that was a mere twinkle is now a reality.
We hope that as the year has gone by we’ve inspired you to think differently or to contribute to our work. If you haven’t had a chance with a busy day job to get that contribution to the top of your to do list – well, now could be the time.
* We’ve increased the number and range of organisations on the Let’s Get On Near You directory. There’s still room for more!
* We’ve launched a Challenge, and we’re about to make some awards (watch out in the next bulletin). Our second round launches on January 12th.
* We’ve recruited almost 100 organisations who want to improve the way they work digitally. We’re recruiting interns and mentors to help them.
* We’ve increased the number of organisations supporting the Digital Participation Charter three fold – are you part of our gang yet?
* We’ve made the data available on more than 35,000 organisations across the third sector available through ALISS
We’ve talked to hundreds of enthusiastic people across Scotland and beyond and know that there’s a real appetite to help people get online.
We hope you’ve had a really successful year and look forward to working with you in January!