Accredited management and leadership
Please note this course is now fully booked!
In a new and exciting partnership, SCVO and Challenges Catalyst are pleased to offer Chartered Management Institute (CMI) qualifications to SCVO member organisations and the third sector. This 3-day pilot course will be delivered on:
- module 1: 23 January;
- module 2: 24 January; and
- follow up day: 20 February.
Participants will work towards a Level 5 certificate in Management and Leadership through CMI accredited training (Equivalent to SCQF Level 8). The training provides the next step for managers looking to develop their skills and gain professional recognition to aid future career development. The course covers information based decision making and managing team performance giving managers a rounded skills set and providing a foundation to work towards the diploma and Chartered Manager status.
The aim of the course is to build participants’ skills in management and leadership, provide a space to discuss current practice and issues and learn from these.
Candidates will also be guided through assessments for the CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership in these areas, in order to translate their learning and experience into tangible evidence of their highly skilled leadership. More than 80% of managers said that a CMI qualification is a key part of becoming a professional manager, and that transferring their new skills also improved the performance of their team.
Information based decision making:
- be able to identify and select sources of data and information
- be able to analyse and present information to support decision making
- be able to communicate information that supports decision making
Managing team and individual performance:
- be able to identify and agree performance objectives for your team and individuals
- be able to assess performance against objectives and provide feedback
- be able to provide advice and guidance to support to improve performance
- be able to apply the organisation’s disciplinary and grievance procedures
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at those who have some experience managing people and leading teams, but wish to improve and consolidate these skills. It is a good next step following our Managing and supervising people course, though previous attendance on that course is not required. The course is geared to those working in voluntary organisations and charities.
NB: Please read our Policies, procedures and terms & conditions document below before making your booking.