Hidden accessibility: how to create accessible documents
Please note this course is fully booked!
This course covers practical steps required to make your electronic documents accessible.
During this course you will learn:
- About “hidden accessibility”, the unseen structure behind documents which affects how they are accessed and interpreted by computer software
- How to create accessible documents, thinking about structure, images, graphs and tables
- About the accessibility features of Word documents, PDFs and PowerPoint presentations
- How to create accessible templates for use in your organisation
- How to test document accessibility using in-built checks
The session involves a mixture of presentation and practical exercises using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat. We provide course notes and exercises for Word 2007, 2010 and 2016.
Who is this course aimed at:
The course is aimed at anyone who creates information as part of their job role. It could be marketing materials, policy documents, reports, letters or e-newsletters.
Attendees are required to bring laptops on the day. We do have a limited number of additional laptops available, requests can be made for these in advance.