Hidden accessibility: how to create accessible documents
Please note this course is now fully booked.
This course covers practical steps required to make your electronic documents accessible.
During this course you will learn:
- About “hidden accessibility”, the unseen structure behind documents which affects how they are accessed and interpreted by computer software
- How to create accessible documents, thinking about structure, images, graphs and tables
- About the accessibility features of Word documents, PDFs and PowerPoint presentations
- How to create accessible templates for use in your organisation
- How to test document accessibility using in-built checks
The session involves a mixture of presentation and practical exercises using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat. We provide course notes and exercises for Word 2007, 2010 and 2016.
Who is this course aimed at:
The course is aimed at anyone who creates information as part of their job role. It could be marketing materials, policy documents, reports, letters or e-newsletters.
Attendees are required to bring laptops on the day. We do have a limited number of additional laptops available, requests can be made for these in advance.