As part of your application you will provide details of
- your Business Growth Project
- the tasks to be carried out
- the skills required to carry out these tasks.
This information will form the internship description.
SCVO will advertise your opportunity through a range of channels including:
- SCVO website
- Careers Services in Further Education and Higher Education establishments
- NUS Scotland
Employers must also actively promote their opportunities using their own networks signposting interested applicants as appropriate.
Applications for Arts and Creative Industries, Digital and Specialist internship posts will be sent to you from Jobcentre Plus and you will arrange interviews.
Applications for the Disability Equality internship roles will be forwarded directly from SCVO
Who is eligible to apply for the internship opportunities?
All Arts & Creative Industries, Digital and Specialist Internship opportunities are open to unemployed graduates who are:
- aged 18 – 30 and resident in Scotland
- hold a SCQF Level 8+ qualification (equivalent to an HND, first degree, SVQ Level4)
- unemployed; either in the first 12 months of a benefit claim (pre-Work Programme) or 2 years+ (post-Work Programme) or unemployed and not claiming benefits (but must make a claim for benefits in order to apply for an internship opportunity)
To apply for an internship, applicants need to speak to a Jobcentre Plus adviser who can check their eligibility and give them an Eligibility Referral Form and Internship Application Form. Alternatively applicants can download an application form from our website, complete this and take it to a Jobcentre Plus adviser who can check their eligibility and give them an Eligibility Referral Form.
All Disability Equality Internship opportunities are open to graduates who:-
- define as disabled under the Equality Act 2010 which defines disability as: someone who has a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities
- are unemployed or under employed
- are aged 18 +
- hold an HND (Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) Level 8) or above
When can an internship start?
All Business Growth Graduate Internship opportunities should aim to commence no later than 5 weeks from the date of advertising.
What support is available to organisations to enable them to take part in the project?
SCVO staff will provide support throughout the application and recruitment process. For the Equality internship opportunities, SCVO is working in partnership with the Scottish Disability Equality Forum (SDEF) and Inclusion Scotland to provide specialist disability support for both employers and interns. Find out more Click Here