Comments on content hosted on the SCVO website are pre-moderated. Messages containing offensive or inappropriate content may be edited, or may not be approved at all.
We welcome discussion and comment on thoughts and opinions raised by SCVO content.
We encourage healthy discussion about issues that matter to you and accept that the blogs are likely to provoke different points of view.
We cannot allow:
- swearing – no swear words will be tolerated on the site and messages will be removed if they are found to contain such words.
- posting libellous or malicious material – we will not hesitate to remove any messages that it believes may contain libellous content.
- distributing information on behalf of a political party – the forum is not an arena for promoting the ideals and objectives of any political party.
- posting offensive messages about groups or individuals. Offensive messages can cause distress and anxiety and all contributors are asked to refrain from making personal remarks about individuals. Racism or any other attacks on any person or groups will not be tolerated on the forum. These messages may be forwarded to the police for further investigation.
- revealing the name or contact details of individuals who would otherwise prefer to remain anonymous.
- promoting groups, organisations or commercial ventures – it is not an advertising board.
- impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a member of staff, an organisation or another individual.
The moderator screens all messages before publishing and will edit/remove any that fit the descriptions above. Editing/approval is at the moderator’s discretion and the moderator’s decision is final. In becoming a forum contributor, individuals are asked to acknowledge and accept this.