- You can join the SCVO Credit Union if you are:
- – an SCVO employee
- – a trustee of an SCVO member organisation
- – an employee of an SCVO member organisation
- – a volunteer of an SCVO member organisation
- Partners and family members can also join, as long as they live at the same home address.
The SCVO Credit Union is Scotland’s leading voluntary sector credit union. We offer low-cost loans, easy savings facilities, payroll deduction and quick bank transfers.
You can contact us with any questions on 0131 474 8003 or [email protected]. The SCVO Credit Union office operates Monday to Thursday, from 9am to 3pm.
Why should I join the SCVO Credit Union?
- we are a co-operative, accountable only to our members. In other words, our members come first
- you can save through your organisation’s payroll (by prior arrangement) or direct debit
- we give full and clear explanations of all our services, there are no hidden costs, and surplus Credit Union profits are returned to members in the form of a dividend
- there are no arrangement or early/partial repayment fees
- your resident family members can also join and receive the same benefits as you
- we offer a warm and friendly help-desk service to assist you with any enquiries.
All new Credit Union members have to pay a one-time membership fee of £5. This is automatically deducted from your first payment.
Completion of the application form
Please complete all the sections on the form and have an authorised representative of an SCVO member organisation confirm your present relationship with your organisation.
We have a legal obligation to see proof of your signature and residence – this is why we ask for a photocopy of documents to be sent with your application form.
To prove your signature you can use your passport, driving licence etc.
To prove your home address you can use bank statements, utility bills etc.
You details will be held in the strictest confidence and is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998.
We ask for a confidential security password on the form so you can be properly identified if you ever phone the Credit Union.
Once completed, please print and send us the membership application, as well as either the direct debit or payroll deduction form with the relevant identification papers.