By taking on a Community Jobs Scotland (CJS) employee you’ve made a commitment to providing a quality job experience with a high level of training and support.
Supporting your CJS employee
Each CJS employee will have different support needs. Many have been unemployed for a long time and have limited job experience.
You can help support your employee by:
- making time to supervise and support them
- being clear what their role is
- setting up regular progress reviews
- providing feedback, praise and recognition
- empowering them to use their initiative or take the lead where appropriate
- ensuring there are set procedures to follow if there is a problem
CJS training fund
The CJS training fund can provide £200 for additional training and/or employability support for each CJS employee.
Eligible uses include training course costs, training materials like workbooks and examination costs. You can find out more in our Employer Guidance on CJS Processes & Procedures and take a look at examples of appropriate training courses.
Employers are encouraged to help their employee find and access suitable training courses.
Once you’ve identified a training opportunity please fill in an Individual Training Request form on the salesforce portal and we can check the training is eligible. If everything is okay we’ll send you an authorisation email and you can go ahead and book the training.
Employers pay the training costs upfront and SCVO will reimburse the sum on receipt of the required claim paperwork.
All approved training must be undertaken and completed before the employees CJS contract end date.
If you need any further information about the CJS training fund please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping your employee with job searching
A key focus of the Community Jobs Scotland programme is supporting young people towards sustainable jobs.
Each CJS employer must ensure their employee:
- participates in job search and keeps up-to-date with vacancies
- registers with and utilises Skills Development Scotland’s My World of Work website